16 July 2008

So You Think You Can Dance (dance, dance, dance, dance, dance)

Since its debut in 2005, my summer is not a summer without a season of So You Think You Can Dance.

I missed the first 10 minutes tonight but it'll be OK because of YouTube!!  I tuned in during what seemed to be Chelsie's solo, which didn't look that good or maybe her energy faded by the end because her smile sure did. Chelsie and Gev's jive routine was good. I completely agree with the judges. I didn't notice Gev at all. But I feel like that's because he was wearing all black and was overshadowed by Chelsie's flashy gold costume.

Highlights of the show include:

-Seeing the pregnant choreographer dancing and spinning
-Mark's weird and wonderful solo.  I still love him even if the judges hate him.  It's unconditional.  Even his cheesy "vote for me, my number is #" was adorable.
-Singing along to Twitch and Comfort's first performance to "Open Arms." However, that was the only good thing about the routine.  In fact, it was so bad that my MOTHER commented, "That was bad!"
-Twitch and Comfort's hip-hop routine to "Forever" by Chris Brown
-Katee's dad wearing a "Katee's Dad" shirt
-"He's a man!"-Courtney and Mary, referring to Joshua
-Spankenstein routine
-Will and Katee's pas de deux

I can't wait for the results show!

1 comment:

Jenna Kim Jones said...

we have so many things in common. I LOVE SYTYCD!!!!