16 September 2010

intelligentsia

I'm not a big coffee drinker, though I find myself constantly surrounded by them. Maybe my phamily and friends need the caffeine to catch up with my energy? Who knows.

While in Chicago, we had Intelligentsia Coffee. I had never had it before, but it is supposedly one of the best coffees according to Morgan and Sasha.


Speaking of...



I'm not a big coffee drinker, but it was a pretty good, decent cup of coffee.

First we went to Floriole Cafe & Bakery where they also serve Intelligentisia.

Cappuccino was good. But the macarons were better! They had three flavors: chocolate, orange blossom (?) and lemon lavender. The lemon lavender macaron stole the show! The texture and flavor combination was delicious and is worth a trip back to Chicago. I'm serious! It even had real lavender leaves on top of the macaron.


Next, we visited the actual Intelligentsia Coffee. My cappuccino was excellent and made with care. I forgot to ask for soy at the register and the barista accommodated me in the nicest way possible! #kindnessgoesalongway

I tried their chocolate, vanilla and pistachio macarons and they were OK. A bit on the chewy side and not as light as the ones from Floriole. But they steamed a soy heart in my cappuccino. So life balanced itself there, like it always does.


2 comments:

Morgan Meredith said...

those macarons were so amazing. AND you should definitely come back! :)

Sid said...

o0o0o those look delicious and so does Sasha!