30 August 2012

the color run.

Last Saturday, I got my butt up at 6am to participate in the color run.
and it was so fun!!!
not the waking up when the sun rises part (seriously, who does that?!)
but having color thrown at you while you're jogging was pretty excellent.

it was a 5K (that's 3.1-something miles for us Americans), which I totes trained for because I did NOT want to finish last!!! Also, running on a treadmill and running outside is not the same. I was sore for 2 days after the run!
the run was also my first race. will it be my last? it's hard to say. I don't really see the point of running for a long period of time with no color being chucked at you... but never say never!




By the way, we looked like bandits because we were trying to prevent the color powder from entering our respiratory systems! And because we're super cool.


I'm singing along to "Call Me Maybe" in this pic. It also looks like I'm skipping. which I was.




At the finish line was a color rave where we all emptied our color packets on each other while dancing to whatever Top 40 hit the DJ put on. It was awesome, and it wasn't even noon yet! Can you tell I love my sleep? Because I do. A lot.







BTW, I didn't finish last!!!! WOO-HOO!!!!

No comments: