12 November 2010

the weepies

On Wednesday, I went to see one of my favorite bands, The Weepies, in concert and they were wonderful!



The Weepies are an indie/pop (oxymoron!) husband and wife duo and they are the absolute cutest! They both play acoustic guitar and sing whimsical lyrics that fill your head with crazy imagery. They are a little on the emo side (but you probably guessed that from their stage name...) but in a very happy way. Oh, and they write all of their songs. Very cool.

I first discovered them from the fabulous Mandy Moore movie Because I Said So, which featured their song "World Spins Madly On." I then quickly downloaded their album "Say I Am You" and didn't look back.

In between sets, they told stories about their little family and you could just tell that they were very real people and humbled by their success. It was so amazing, their show was probably one of the top 3 concerts I've been to.

My pictures weren't that great because I had a late night at work that day and couldn't get there early for a good spot. So I will leave you with a video of one of my favorite songs by them. Enjoy!

No comments: