10 February 2011

Check out my Bûche (de Noël)!

This post is a little belated but the pictures are so super cute, I know you'll forgive me.

Over Christmas, I was in charge of making our Yule Log... because if we're going to be honest, the phamily isn't very fond of my "hippie" food.

Ta-da!


I used Jacques Torres' recipe, and it was delicious! I followed the recipe exactly except for the coffee liquer part for the Coffee Buttercream. Instead, I replaced the water with 1/3 cup of coffee. The phamily drinks Cafe Du Monde, so that is what I used. This took about 4 hours total, and was totally worth it.

And what is Christmas without a Christmas Tree? Well, I made my own little forest because I was really in the spirit.



Aren't they so adorable? I love them. I love how the wax paper looks like a snowy background. Unfortunately, I can't take credit for this. I found the idea/recipe here. It took me about 6 hours for 60-ish cookies, so it is a big project but fun when you're visiting home and have hours to do NOTHING. Oh vacation, how I miss thee.
I kinda miss Christmas, but am so ready for summer! Let's do it.

No comments: