16 September 2013

2nd place

In June, I participated in the ninth annual 72 Hour Film Shootout competition. The competition is run by the Asian American Film Lab to celebrate diversity and artistic empowerment. You don't need to be Asian to participate but there has to be some Asians on the team and I totes helped fill that quota!

The whole premise of the competition is that on the eve of the shootout, everyone is given a prompt. And the next 72 hours are spent writing, shooting and editing a 5-minute film inspired from that prompt. This year's prompt was:

"A guest in my own country."

This project was one of the hardest things I've done. Probably because we were shooting in 100 degree weather. Probably because it was my birthday weekend. Probably because we had no clue what we were doing. But hard work pays off because we got 2nd place!!! Next year though, we'll get first. ;) It's good to have goals right?

We haven't been able to share the film with anyone before judging took place. But now we know and you get to see my award-winning film!! So let me know what you think!

No comments: