05 January 2011

Ted Williams

Have you guys heard of Ted Williams? If not, don't worry too much about being "in the know" because he literally has only been in the public eye for about a day.

He is our most recent, most literal example of an overnight sensation. Just yesterday he was just a homeless man on the side of the highway and today he has offers from across the nation of job offers to be the next big voice over talent. He even got offered a house!

Ted is a trained radio announcer that lost himself to drugs and alcohol which consequently left him homeless. In the video below, he talks about being clean for two years and his supreme gratitude for everything.

It really is so inspiring and humbling to me how quickly his life changed and had his dreams come true. And all he had to do was to keep doing what he was doing... by standing on the side of the road as a homeless man with a sign that said he had an amazing voice... he showed the world around him what he could do and someone saw. Amazing.



What did I learn from this? I will continue to [learn to] be the exceptional person that I am and do what I do because when someone sees me, I want to be prepared for what is to come!



No comments: